Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Warrior III




Benefits of Virabadrasana III
Warrior III
✔Increases strength in legs & core
✔Improves concentration, focus & balance
✔Activates the Solar, Sacral & Throat Chakra's
✔Helps with anxiety, depression, fatigue & osteoporosis
✔It is fun to do
This has been one of my favorite poses as of late. I've always had balance issues because of ankle sprains as a child playing soccer. My ankles are skinny compared to the rest of my legs. Some times I feel self conscious about that feature of my body but I was recently looking at my feet while in my tight yoga pants and love the way my lower legs and feet look. I love that since I started working on balancing poses, Warrior III and Tree Pose in particular, my ankles have gotten stronger. I do not worry as much while walking and playing with my kids. I have sprained my ankle so often just walking or stepping at just the wrong angle off of something.

While yoga Has many benefits and different poses have many different benefits. I love the balancing poses to help strengthen my ankles and foundations.

A good Foundation is Important any any pose and a lot of that has to do with your feet and making sure you are standing on the 4 corners of your feet.

Stand Tall.. lift your toes off the ground and put them back down feeling into both edges of your front foot. now stand up on your toes. and come back down feeling both edges of your heel town the ground. now just stand for a minute really feeling into the four corners of your feet and ground.

Start there.. Firm your foundation before you try to balance on just one of your feet. Work from where you are.

You may not be ready for Warrior III pose yet and that is OK.

Start with Mountain Pose (Tadasana) and then Tree pose (Vrkasana) with just your big toe on the ground before lifting your entire foot off the ground.

Start where you are, not where you think you should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment