Monday, August 20, 2018

Why I chose

Just over a year ago I started doing yoga on a semi-regular Basis, by watching You-Tube videos and in my living room. While talking to my friend Stephanie, I don't even remember what we were talking about but it led me to look up Bodhi Yoga, the studio that she studied at and looked in the yoga teacher training course and got an knowing excitement when I read about it the certification knowing that this training was a yes for me. But When?

I was only 2 months postpartum at this time and knew that it wasn't the right time for me to be away for a whole weekend and so put it on my vision board to start in January. At that point it still didn't feel right due to Sakera still nursing. 

In the meantime I chose into a 7 Chakra Mind and Body Online Training course with Syl Carson at Bodhi that could be done online while waiting for the right timing for the yoga teacher training. I haven't been super diligent at doing that training but have managed to watch the first set of videos, I hope that by January if not sooner I will be able to offer Chakra therapy sessions while I work on my certification for that.

This last week I was talking to my mom and best friends about the yoga teacher training and realized that the next one was starting soon and hadn't looked into it recently so I decided to inquire if there was openings. There was in fact an opening due to someone else postponing her training until a later date. I wanted to be there but had a lot of inner turmoil in choosing it and actually told Syl I wasn't coming this time and that I would have to wait for a future training. I kept going back to it that I was supposed to be there and that I needed to choose in to help my heal some of the pain I was having from the car accident I was in back in May. The training started Friday afternoon and I finally said yes on Friday morning and managed to get everything worked out for having my kids watched. 

I was tired of waiting and postponing things because I was still in pain, both physical and emotional. I wanted to move on with my life and keep seeking wisdom to enlighten myself.

So Friday afternoon I showed up a Bodhi Yoga with several other amazing women and started this yoga journey and know without a doubt I was supposed to be there. I was a little overwhelmed and intimidated with all that is required in this certification but I am excited for the challenge and plan on rocking it.

While introducing myself in class I was asked "Why I want to teach yoga?" and before I knew it I said,

"I don't know that I want to but feel called to do this for my own healing" 

I had never really thought of that before.. I truly thought my calling was to teach.. and it might be at some point but that isn't my main focus as I go through this journey. My end goal will not be to find a job teaching yoga, but to look inside myself to see how this will help me and my family become better. 

Part of my certification requirements are to teach others so I will be offering classes and private sessions over the next year at a super discounted rate or by donation so if you'd like to be a guinea pig for my learning please stay tuned for my class schedule or reach out if you'd like a private session. I would love to help you find out how yoga can fit in your life. As a busy mom of 5 and a neck injury it is sometimes hard to figure out how it fits in my life but I am determined to figure it out for myself.

I now have the knowledge to teach a very basic beginners yoga class and would love to practice by teaching you. 

Namaste

Ariane




1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful and heartfelt. I love that you're answering the call. I identify SO MUCH with your words, as I found myself in the training completely overwhelmed. I announced to the group, "I'm just here to heal and immerse myself in yoga, but I don't plan on teaching." And here I am now, 5 or 6 six years later, healing AND teaching. This training will open you up in ways you never knew possible...buckle up! Love you!

    ReplyDelete